Social Worker (Senior)
We are looking for an experienced Senior Social Worker to lead our team located in Wellington CBD. This is a challenging and rewarding leadership position that practices the following principles; human dignity, solidarity, preferential option for the poor and vulnerable, common good, subsidiarity, stewardship and participation. In this position you will have the chance to play a key role in the development of our outreach to all who are in need of our services.
About the role
You will work alongside individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds including but not limited to; socio-economic, cultural, religious, sexual orientation and gender identity. This role also involves working in our refugee community with the use of interpreters when required.
The successful applicant must have:
- Completed a tertiary qualification in social work
- A minimum of four years post-graduate experience working as a social worker
- A current registration with the New Zealand Social Worker Registration Board
- NZ citizenship, permanent residency or current ability to work within New Zealand
- Hold a full drivers licence
You will bring:
- A strong ability to network with other relevant agencies in the region to meet our client needs
- Experience or a desire to expand their current skills and knowledge into a leadership role
- Well-developed case management skills, as well as strong administration and documentation skills
- Experience working with issues of family violence, protection of children and refugees
- Excellent communication and well-developed interpersonal skills
- An understanding of bi-cultural and multi-cultural environments, able to deliver culturally competent services
How to apply:
This is a full time 37.5 hours per week position Monday - Friday
For further information and a full job description contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 04 385 8642
Send a cover letter (including 3 clinical referees) and CV to
Applications close at 3pm on Thursday 9th June 2019.