The Vicariate for Catholic social services is the social outreach agency of the Archdiocese of Wellington that provides support services to people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
Catholic Social Services provides confidential assistance to individuals, couples, and families from any cultural, ethnic, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious, and social economic background.
The Vicariate for Catholic social services includes:
- Social Work, short term theraputic intervention, assessment and referral
- Supporting people through change, grief and loss – Seasons for Growth
- Hospital chaplains
- Prison chaplains
- Support for refugee resettlement
- Support to those effected in the Kaikōura/Marlborough earthquake
- Responding to poverty through projects and partnerships
- Advocating for change