Seasons for Growth
Seasons for Growth is an education programme which explores the effects of change, loss and grief. The programme recognises that change often hurts and can be confusing, frustrating or threatening. It also recognises that we need support in understanding and coping with the effects of change and loss. Seasons for Growth provides a safe, creative way to explore these issues.
Whether you are going through a change or working with others who are going through change, Seasons for Growth can give valuable information on the latest research and knowledge available on change, loss and grief..
Programmes are offered for different age groups including:
- Children and young people aged 6-18 years
- Adults accompanying children going through change
- Couples undergoing a common loss
- Prisons – a programme has been running in Rimutaka prison for the past two years
- Professionals – training for teachers and for adults companioning those undertaking the programme
- Communities undergoing loss and change
A specific version of the programme has been developed for communities dealing with the impact of natural disasters called Stormbirds, which Catholic social services has supported in Kaikōura.
Resource website: www.goodgrief.org.au